Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Star-Spangled Fruit Tart

Hello, here we are at our third post already! I don't know how I've found time to do all of them, tonight it's because my lovely husband is entertaining our little monster. 
I take that back.. (as I get up and make a pizza, hot wings, separate the baby and puppy 58 times!) Ahh.. the joys of motherhood. So earlier today Connor and I made a fruit tart to add to Brad's Father's Day gifts. I would tell you the rest of the surprise, but it's just that and will have to wait until Monday. =) Speaking of, Connor's second Mommy and Me class at "The Little Gym" is on Monday! I don't know if any of you have your children in a mommy and me class, but trust me it's SOO worth the money. They will love it. Anywho that's another post for another day. Like I was saying we made a fruit tart, which is DELICIOUS! My one mistake was using a generic pie crust from good ole' Walmart. It just crumbled to pieces the second I started. Next time I will have to attempt making my own. So with it being so close to both Memorial Day and 4Th of July (& my husband being in the Navy) I figured we'd not only tell him what a fabulous dad he is, but thank him for his service as well. So no more waiting here it is..

Our Kitchen Adventure..

What you'll need:

  • 1 pie crust
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup halved strawberries 
( I DON'T recommend changing from almond to vanilla, it really makes a difference)


First step - Mix the cream cheese, almond extract and sugar together in a bowl.

Works better with a blender =)
It should look something like this.


After licking the spoon and blender, put mixture in pie crust and spread around. 


Next you need to decide on a pattern, like I said we were doing patriotic so we made a star and added a border. 


Of course we had to try them first, ya know to make sure they were good =)
Apparently he didn't like them, but Yogi does!

Our looked like this...
Then you slice up the strawberries into halves, and place them in the middle.
THE END!!

Mmmmm

















No comments:

Post a Comment