Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butternut Squash && Peach Puree {Baby food}

Hello, welcome to my second post and my first recipe post! As you will soon find I'm a homemade baby food nut. I think homemade baby food is the way to go for SOO many reasons. The obvious, it's healthier, and taste better. And the not so obvious..IT'S EASY! My biggest problem when deciding what to feed my little bundle of joy was time. I thought going the homemade route was going to be like cooking a meal every time I went to feed him. Trust me it's not. It's so simple, a few days out of the month spent in the kitchen, freeze it all up and your good to go. So before we get way off track lets get this recipe up. This is for babies around 4-8 months, however Connor still eats it mixed with yogurt at 14 months. 

Ingredients:

  • 4-5 large peaches (or you can use canned)
  • 1 large butternut squash

Directions: 

          Preheat oven to 400. Slice both ends off the squash, stand it up and cut in half. Scoop out the seeds, discard. Poke holes in the squash with a fork. Place halves face down on a baking sheet (cover sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up). Bake for 45 minutes. Peel and slice the peaches. After the squash has cooled, scoop out the “meat” and discard the skins. Place one cup of butternut squash and two cups of peaches in blender, pulse until smooth. You'll probably have extra squash leftover, you can just puree it plain or double the recipe. This recipe will keep in the fridge for about three days, or freeze for three months. This goes great with SO many things it's ridiculous! Yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, eggs...the list is endless. Well I hope ya'll enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. نكهات مونين

    ReplyDelete