Sunday, February 12, 2012

Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli

I know, I know. I've been slacking recently in the blog world. And it only gets worse to, as I didn't have time to take many pictures.. =/ However I do have a few amazing recipes for you. =) I recently discovered this cute little shop right down the road, they serve the best fresh local seafood in Charleston! This inspired me to make a new seafood dish. This roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe has the perfect amount of spiciness and lemon to make your mouth water.

Ingredients: 
  • 2 pounds broccoli (cut into bite size florets)
  • 1/4 cup of your favorite olive oil (I used a spicy roasted garlic for a bit more bite!)
  • 1 teaspoon coriander powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder
  • 1 pound medium shrimp (Shelled and deveined)
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
  • Lemon wedges
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, the coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the chili powder. In another bowl, combine shrimp and 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. 

Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet (single layer). Bake for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp to the baking sheet and toss with the broccoli. Bake 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and toss together. Place in oven for another 5 minutes, or until the broccoli are golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges!

No comments:

Post a Comment