Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fresh Herbs && Olive Oil Cubes

I know I know, I promised this post weeks ago, but after little miss made her grand arrival things have been a bit chaotic to say the least. In other news, Connor went to visit Nana and Papa until October. I know, OCTOBER! It's way harder than I thought it'd be, I can't wait until he comes home!! However, with the break, I'm finally catching up on blogging and such. Anywho, before we get to far off track..I want to share with you an awesome way to save all those extra fresh herbs. It happens to the best of us, we find an awesome recipe, it calls for a sprig or two of rosemary and you have to buy a small bundle and now your stuck with all this rosemary that eventually goes to waste. It's a waste of money and perfectly good herbs, but I found a way to save them, it's pretty simple too.

 Whatcha' need?

  • An ice cube tray 
  • Some extra herbs
  • A bottle of your favorite olive oil
Chop up some herbs, such as rosemary or oregano. Place a pinch or two in each cube of an empty ice cube tray. Top each cube off with some of your favorite olive oil, all the way to the top. Freeze for a day or two then transfer to a ziplock bag and store in the freezer.

Now you have perfect little cubes of flavored olive oil and herbs! Just plop one or two in a skillet and get cookin'!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment